When it's cold outside and you're fed up of mulled wine, mince pies and James Bond films, test yourself with this Science and Engineering Quiz!
1. The smallest planet ever detected was found this year. What has it been named?
2. Which of life's most frustrating situations could be solved by the creation of SLIPS?
3. Opened in June, where is the longest bridge over water?
And for a bonus gold star...it is longer than what?
4. True or false: Experiments have suggested that something may travel faster than the speed of light?
5. Which 2012 Olympic venue won the Supreme Award for Structural Engineering Excellence at the Structural Awards 2011?
6. If you've bought perfume for someone as a Christmas present, how likely are they to like it?
7. What could car tyres and dessert have in common in the future?
8. Apart from the obvious, which prehistoric animal came in Leopard print?
9. Researchers at MIT have produced a camera which captures images at how many exposures per second?
10. What does the Higgs field do to particles?
I will post the answers in the New Year. Have a great holiday.
Merry Christmas :)
Ooh, and don't forget to renew your books for the holiday!