Head to the Showroom Cinema restaurant for 7pm. Generally presentations last about 20 minutes followed by a short break and discussion with time for questions at the end. The event is free and open to the general public.
To read up on some of Paul's research have a look at the following:
- Wignall, PB; Sun, Y; Bond, DP; Izon, G; Newton, RJ; Védrine, S; Widdowson, M; Ali, JR; Lai, X; Jiang, H; Cope, H; Bottrell, SH (2009) Volcanism, mass extinction, and carbon isotope fluctuations in the Middle Permian of China., Science, 324(5931), pp1179-1182.
- Lai, XL; Wang, W; Wignall, PB; Bond, DPG; Jiang, HS; Ali, JR; John, EH; Sun, YD (2008) Palaeoenvironmental change during the end-Guadalupian (Permian) mass extinction in Sichuan, China, Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 269(1-2), pp 78-93.
- Wignall, PB (2005) Volcanism and mass extinctions, In: Marti, J. and Ernst, G (Ed) Volcanoes and the environment, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp207-226.
- Wignall, PB (2004) Causes of mass extinctions, In: PD Taylor (Ed) Extinctions in the history of life, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, pp119-150.
- Hallam, A; Wignall, PB (1997) Mass extinctions and their aftermath, Oxford: Oxford University Press